Cloud-Native Platforms Vs. Traditional Enterprise Platforms: A Crucial Comparison For Growth-Oriented Businesses
Post Views: 91
In this modern age of technological advancements and innovations, more and more businesses are heading towards compelling approaches for their agility and resilience. Offshore companies and third-party collaboration is becoming the new normal. In addition, companies across industries are under tremendous pressure to develop and deploy IT applications with far greater efficiency. This paves the way for businesses to take advantage of compelling platforms, such as cloud-native platforms, for their flexibility, scalability, and cost savings.
Cloud-native (CN) is a broad term that is used to define a container-based environment. In this regard, cloud-native technologies are built with packaged container services. Such services are used to develop applications that are deployed as microservices. Software containers, microservices, and software-defined infrastructure are the best examples of such applications.
Gartner defines Cloud-native applications as follows:
“Basically cloud-native platforms are such technologies that allow businesses to build new application architectures that are agile, elastic, and resilient. Such platforms allow businesses to react to rapid digital transformations. ”
Before jumping into the comparison between cloud-native platforms and traditional enterprise platforms, let’s have a look at some jaw-dropping statistics:
- 23% of the organizations run 5,000+ containers.
- 38% of the organizations pointed out known unpatched vulnerabilities as CN security incidents.
- 45% of the organizations implied misconfiguration as cloud-native security incidents.
- 59% of the backend developers have used containers in the last 12 months.
- 85% of the enterprises still favor batch-oriented techniques.
- The Italian cloud market will strike the figure of 3.84 billion euros this year as compared to the 3.32 billion the previous year.
Now that you are somehow familiar with the CN platforms, so without any further adieu, let’s lay our eyes on the comparison between cloud-native applications and traditional enterprise applications.